REJMYRE ART LAB’S Center for Peripheral Studies
PRODUCTION RESIDENCY OPEN CALL
on the theme of ‘Refuging’
How does a factory town that produces glass, become a factory town that produces refuge?
Rejmyre Art Lab invites artists from fine, performing and craft backgrounds, who are engaged with conceptual and contextual practices, to participate in a eight-week production-based residency in Rejmyre, Sweden, in the spring and summer of 2023. Rejmyre has, since 2009, played host to a long-term, place-based, artistic research project with a focus on site responsive practice.
Place: Rejmyre, Östergötland, Sweden
Application period: The application is open between January 16-31, 2023.
Notifications of acceptance: notifications will be sent out by February 24, 2023. More information about the Production Residency can be found at https://www.rejmyreartlab.org/residency/production-residency-open-call
If you have any questions please contact our programming director Louise Johansson Waite email@example.com
ABOUT YOUR PRACTICE
Please create a pdf document including the following:
Written motivation / draft proposal
Please answer the following questions:
- why you want to work with the theme of ‘refuging’
- what your first thoughts are on how you might work with the theme within the residency
- a few sentences on your practice
(two paragraphs max)
Examples of 3 projects
(max 5 pages)
Bio and CV
(max 1 page)
We offer support for the participation of:
- Two artists from any country outside of the Nordic/Baltic region
- Two artists from the Nordic/Baltic region (outside of Sweden)
- Two regional artists based in Östergötland, Sweden
The residency consists of an eight week long period of work where six of the weeks are placed on site in Rejmyre:
- One week of Ensemble Residency: April 24-30, 2023
- Individual research and production on site in Rejmyre: May 1 - June 5,2023
- Reflection and post-production, off site: two weeks of work spread out over the summer & autumn of 2023
We are looking forward to your application!